What do we do?
The International House World Organisation (IHWO) is one of the largest and oldest groups of language schools in the world. Founded in 1953, we are a global network of over 150 afﬁliated private language schools in 52 countries, spanning
- Our schools teach English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Arabic and a wide variety of other languages and are all independently owned and run.
- Quality is at the core of everything we do. Only schools that meet our exceptional quality standards are allowed to use the
International House brand.
- International House pioneered Teacher Training programmes for English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and our courses and centres remain some of the most sought after in the industry with training for other languages too.
- International House teachers write the course books. Many of the course books used today by ELT teachers are written by teaching experts trained by International House. These include Headway, Cutting Edge, Language To Go, Natural Grammar and Fountain.
The International House World Organisation operates in four key areas:
- We publicise our member schools to students.
- We provide teacher training.
- We organise events to publicise our member schools to agents.
- We set industry standards in quality language teaching.
Why do schools join?
Schools afﬁliate to International House to prove their dedication to quality teaching, facilities and student care.
Commitment to quality
All schools are inspected prior to afﬁliation and if they do not meet our exacting quality standards they cannot use the
International House brand. This ensures that International House remains a name that both students and teachers can trust.
International House afﬁliates beneﬁt from idea sharing and networking opportunities within the organisation and beyond.
They are invited to International House conferences, events and workshops and have access to a wealth of shared teaching,
management and publicity materials.
Head oﬃce support
Administrative support and all membership services for afﬁliates are provided by the IHWO headquarters in London.
This company operates separately from the International House London school and acts solely in the interests of afﬁliate